Gospel of John: Chapter 16 - Original Version About Chapter 16
Title Given Chapter 16: "Jesus Explains the Significance of The Comforter"
Date Gospel Written: ~ 0 to 50 AD
Gospel Written by: The Disciple Barnabas - the One "whom Jesus loved" (John:20,2)
Title & Review Written by: Shaikh Muhaiyaddeen (Louie Beutler)
Date Web Page Published: September, 2004
Go To Table of Contents - Gospel of John: Chapter 16
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim. In the name of God, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate. Al-salam 'alaykum wa-rahmat Allah wa barakatuhu kulluhu. Wa 'alaykum al-salam wa-rahmat Allah wa-barakatuhu kulluhu. May all the peace, the beneficence, and the blessing of God be upon us all. May God help us all.
My love you (anbu), my dearest loving brothers and sisters - Shaikh Muhaiyaddeen (Louie Beutler).
Original Version - of chapter 16
1. These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
2. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever
killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
3. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father,
4. But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember
that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning,
because I was with you.
5. But now I go My way to Him that sent Me; and none of you asketh Me, Whither
6. But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
7. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not
away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto
8. And when He come, He will reprove the world of sin, and (the world) of
righteousness, and (the world) of judgment:
9. (The world) of sin, because they believe not on Me;
10. (The world) of righteousness, because I go to My Father, and ye see Me no more;
11. (And the world) of judgment, because the prince of this world (of darkness) is
12. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13. Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for
He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak:
and He will shew you things to come.
14. He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15. All things that the Father hath are Mine: therefore said I, that He shall take of
Mine, and shall shew it unto you.
16. A little while, and ye shall not see Me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see
Me, because I go to the Father.
17. Then said some of His disciples among themselves, What is this that He saith
unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see Me: and again, A little while, and ye
shall see Me: and, Because I go to the Father?
18. They said therefore, What is this that He saith, A little while? We cannot tell
what He saith.
19. Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask Him, and said unto them, Do ye
inquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see Me:
and again, a little while, and ye shall see Me?
20. Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall
rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
21. A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour has come: but as
soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for
joy that a man is born into the world.
22. And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart will
rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
23. And in that day ye shall ask Me nothing. Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in
My name, He will give it you.
24. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your
joy may be full.
25. These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I
shall no longer speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the
26. At that day ye shall ask in My name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the
Father for you:
27. For the Father Himself loveth you, because ye have loved Me, and have believed
that I come out from God.
28. I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world, I leave the world, and
go to the Father.
29. His disciples said unto Him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no
30. Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man
should ask Thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
31. Jesus answered, Do ye now believe?
32. Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man
to his own, and shall leave Me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father
is with Me.
33. These things have I spoken unto your, that in Me ye might have peace. In the
world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
End of Gospel of John
- Chapter 16 -
Gospel of John - Chapter 16:
Table of Contents
( a top-down version of the Library Home Page)
(a bottom-up version of the Library Home Page)